HIS Intra Model United Nations Session II 2018
- February 14, 2018
- Posted by: admin
- Category: News
The HIS Intra MUN session II was organised by the students of class 10 on 25th, 26th and 27th of January, 2018. The Secretariat Board consisted entirely of the 10th graders (35 members). The Executive Board Members consisted of reputed debaters of Dhaka who were from different schools around the city. (19 members)
There were about 150 Delegates from Grade 6 to A Levels who participated in the MUN. They were divided into 8 Committees.
- United Nations Security Council (UNSC)
- Disarmament and International Security Committee (DISEC)
- Economic and Financial Affairs Council (ECOFIN)
- Social Humanitarian and Cultural Committee (SOCHUM)
- Special Political and Decolonization Committee (SPECPOL)
- United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR)
- United Nations Human Rights Council (UNHRC)
- International Press Correspondence (IPC)
The official photography partner was K. Nasif Photography.
The sponsors were Daily Sun, News24, PRAN, Radio Capital 94.8 FM, The Bizarre Cafe, Badge Baba & American Blend. The chief guest for the opening ceremony was Mr. Mahmud Hasan, former diplomat of the Bangladesh Government and the chief guest for the closing ceremony was Khondokar Nasif, the founder of K. Nasif Photography.
The MUN Conference was led by Zaheen Hasnain Aurka (Secretary General), Tazuddin Ahmed (President) and Fatin Anwar (Director General). The Secretariat Board was divided into 8 departments. The departments were led by their respective Under Secretary Generals (USG) with the support of their Directors and Officers.
The departments were:
- Security ( USG: Shahadat Hossain Shoumik)
- Conference Management ( USG: Abrar Al Shafi)
- Finance (USG: Sadik Ahmed)
- Food and Hospitality (USG: Lamisa Mustafina)
- Media and Public Relations (USG: Al Hasan)
- Logistics (USG: Rezwan Islam Salvi)
- Arts and Decor (USG:Zuhair Ishraq, acting USG: Abrar Ahmed)
- Delegate Affairs (USG: Nasib Rahman)
The official ceremonies of the conference were hosted by Nasib Rahman and Lamisa Mustafina of Gr-X. It consisted of speeches by the Principal, Club Coordinator, Chief Guests, Secretary General, President, Director General, The Executive Board Members and our teacher in charge – Mr. Hameem Mohiyuddin.
There were several committee sessions with heated debates between the delegates. The dress code for the 1st and 3rd day was Formal Attire. For the 2nd day, it was Traditional Attire. The delegates were served morning snack and lunch in all the 3 days.
On the second day, socials were arranged in which former and current HURDCO Students performed.
On the third day, there was a general assembly arranged. It consisted of the EB members who acted as delegates. It was chaired by Abdullah Al Mahin and Sheikh Labib Hannan, MUNners from IBA, Dhaka.
The delegates from each committee were awarded in the closing ceremony according to their performances in the committee sessions. The awards were:
- Best delegate award
- Outstanding Delegate award
- Special Mentions
- Honourable Mentions
Everyone present at the MUN enjoyed and had a great experience. It was indeed a dream come true for the organisers (SB board). HURDCO is hoping for an Inter-School MUN conference next year.